Wednesday, February 7, 2007

American Anime Awards Finalists (Warning: Angry Fangirl)

Well, the finalists for the AAAs have been announced--basically the nominees that made it in the top five after voting. You can see the full list here.

Now, I'm a bit sick (which is why my posting has slowed once again), so I might be overreacting just a tad to this. And, admittedly, I'm a Princess Tutu fangirl, as well as a huge fan of Chris Patton...so I'm biased.

But, in my opinion, Chris Patton should be in that finalist list. His performance in Princess Tutu was one of the best of last year, for sure. It's not that the others on the list are undeserving. It's just Chris was very good...and I still think that anime that wasn't being released last year shouldn't have been available for nomination. (I loved Hayworth as Kenshin, don't get me wrong...but that's an old dub. It's like nominating Tom Hanks for Forest Gump...this year.)

And if we're going to say "best of all time", why not 'David Lucas' for Cowboy Bebop? Or Spike Spencer in Neon Genisis Evagelion?

At least Luci Christian got in the list for Princess Tutu--which is really a bit of a miracle, considering that it's a shoujo show that hasn't appeared on a major TV network.

Still, it's disappointing that the nominees are (for the most part) more the 'most popular' than what was truely the best.

I guess I'm rooting for Vic Mignogna for Best Actor, now. (Actually, Vic's my favorite anime voice actor--I was just really, really impressed with Chris Patton Good luck to all the finaliests!

Well, anyway...to make up for being behind with the clues, here's *three* clues for the contest! This should help soothe any of you that are Chris Pattons fans like me...maybe.

The town this character lives in was based on a real German town.
This character talks to a tree in one of the episodes of the anime.
The show this character is from was first shown within the past ten years.

Good luck! Remember, e-mail me at HaleySings@yahoo.com with your guesses, and you can also ask questions in the comments!

No comments: