Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Excuse me, do you have any Chevalier D'Eon?

...Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Anyway, IGN is streaming the first episode of the anime Le Chevalier D'Eon. I checked it out, and...it's a lot better than the other two anime that got this treatment recently, at least in my opinion. It is a bit violent (although it doesn't appear to be gratuitously so, at least from this first episode), and there's a few moments that are, to be blunt, WEIRD. But for the most part it looks like it's an excellent anime--solid animation (with very nice, atypical character design), a very interesting plot, and a solid dub. Interesting the way it mixes an historical setting with a bit of mystery and horror, too. I'm not quite ready to plunk down the money for it on DVD, but I'm definitely going to rent this one.

No comments: