Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Saga of the American Anime Awards continues!

For those of you who haven't read my previous post, the American Anime Awards is the first of what hopes to be an annual event awarding the best in anime. Unfortunately, this first year has had a string of problems, including anime being listed under two different titles in one category and an actor in Akira being nominated for Best Actor in a Comedy.

Well, guess what? There's another problem!

According to Anime News Network, the AAA released a statement that two nominees for Best Manga (Tsubasa and Negima) were accidentally left off the ballot. They also said it was "an error which we deeply regret." I can imagine!

I know in my previous post about their troubles I was a bit snarky, but I can't help but feel bad for them in this situation. To have another mistake like this happen after all of the problems they've been having probably isn't giving the Awards the air of professionalism they obviously want it to have.
To be fair, they did catch it fairly quickly and the ballot has been fixed, so any Tsubasa or Negima fans who want to vote for it will be able to now.

I wonder if the Oscars had this problem when they first started?

No comments: